• 972 359 9274
  • nhs@sakhialawgroup.com
Student Visa

Student Visa


Student Visa 

At Sakhia Law Group, we practice & serve the client’s legal needs in the areas of:

For the individuals who wish to pursue studies in the US, the following information is provided by US CIS:


Students and Exchange Visitors

ALERT: On Feb. 6, 2020, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina issued a nationwide injunction (PDF, 232.45 KB) enjoining USCIS from enforcing Aug. 9, 2018, policy memorandum titled, “Accrual of Unlawful Presence and F, J, and M Nonimmigrants.” USCIS will continue to apply the prior policy guidance found in AFM Chapter 40.9.2, issued on May 6, 2009: Consolidation of Guidance Concerning Unlawful Presence for Purposes of Sections 212(a)(9)(b)(i) and 212(a)(9)(c)(i)(I) of the Act (PDF, 3.33 MB).

If you wish to pursue full-time academic or vocational studies in the United States, you may be eligible for one of two nonimmigrant student categories. The “F” category is for academic student Visa and the “M” is for vocational students. To learn more, please see the Students and Exchange Visitors Program page on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.

If you wish to participate in an exchange program you may be eligible for the “J” category for exchange visitors. The J visa program is for educational and cultural exchange programs. For more information, please see the Exchange Visitor Visa page on the Department of State website.

Students: Academic and Vocational (F and M visas)
F-1 Academic students
F-2 Spouses and children of F-1
F-3 Canadian or Mexican national academic commuter students
M-1 Vocational students
M-2 Spouses and children of M-1
M-3 Canadian or Mexican national vocational commuter students
Exchange Visitors (J visas)
J-1 Exchange visitors
J-2 Spouses and children of J-1

US Code

Call Now ButtonCall Lawyer Now