• 972 359 9274
  • nhs@sakhialawgroup.com
U-1 Visa

U-1 Visa

Immigration cases handled across USA & beyond. Just a click away.

U Visa is Suitable for:

Victims of criminal activity such as rape, torture, domestic abuse, sexual assault, prostitution, kidnapping, blackmail, false imprisonment or manslaughter.

Who Is Eligible For A U Visa?

The U visa is a non-immigrant status that allows non citizen victims of crime to stay in theUnited Statesand obtain employment authorization.

There are four basic eligibility requirements for U visa interim relief:

(1) A victim has suffered substantial physical or mental abuse from the following criminal activities: Rape; Torture; Trafficking; Incest; Domestic violence; Sexual assault; Abusive sexual contact; Prostitution; Sexual exploitation;  Female genital mutilation; Being held hostage; Peonage; Involuntary servitude; Slave trade; Kidnapping; Abduction; Unlawful criminal restraint; False imprisonment; Blackmail; Extortion; Manslaughter; Murder; Felonious assault; Witness tampering; Obstruction of justice; Perjury; or Attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the above.

(2) Possess information regarding the criminal activity;

(3) Assist government officials in the investigation or prosecution of such criminal activity;

(4) The criminal activity violated US law or occurred in the United States (including Indian country and military installations) or the territories and possession of the United States. An abuser does not need to be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and a victim does not have to have been married to the abuser to be eligible for a U visa. Moreover, a victim is not required to be physically present in the US to qualify for a U visa.

She / He can apply from abroad as long as the criminal activity violated US law or occurred in US territories.

USCIS can only grant 10,000 U visa status in each fiscal year.

Immigration issues are our focus and this focus lets us stay up-to-date on the ever-changing nature of U.S. law. Every development and addition to the country’s laws are painstakingly researched and applied to your case.

We serve clients all over the world concerning various United States immigration procedures, involving the following but not limited to:

  • Asylum
  • Business/Employer Visas including but not limited to E, H & L categories
  • Labor Certification/Job Offer Sponsorship
  • Charitable/Religious Organizations
  • Deportation/Removal Proceedings
  • Family
  • Business
  • Investor Programs
  • All types of Non-immigrant visas
  • Naturalization
  • U Visa
  • T Visa
  • Permanent Resident Renewals
  • Appeals to Administrative Appeals Unit
  • Judicial Reviews of denied applications and petitions and much more…


We serve clients in all areas of immigration law, everywhere:

Our firm’s immigration practice is really impressive in quantum and breadth of representation.  From simple visa petitions, removal proceedings in courts, appeals with Board of Immigration Appeals to complex litigation in US District Courts, Circuit Court of Appeals, and certiorari to the US Supreme Court, we have done it all over the last 10 years.  Our success rate is impressive and we can serve your needs all over the US and beyond.

We can help you with all your immigration needs. Contact us today by emailing us at nhs@SakhiaLawGroup.com or by using the contact form below or call us at (972) 359-9274, to schedule a consultation with our law group.

Our process begins simply with a phone call or an email.  We will respond to your query, have a brief discussion with you to understand your situation and then if we determine that we can help you, we will schedule an appointment for you – in office or electronically – based on your choice and circumstances.  Our initial consultation is very thorough and will give you a complete assessment of your situation and options going forward. You can then decide if you wish us to represent your interest and get you the best result possible under the law.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook

    Call Now ButtonCall Lawyer Now