• 972 359 9274
  • nhs@sakhialawgroup.com
K-2 Children of K-1 visa holders

K-2 Children of K-1 visa holders

K-1 visa & Immigration cases handled across USA & beyond. Just a click away.

The K-2 non-immigrant visa allows a child of your Fiancée to enter into the U.S. and await the availability of an immigrant visa.


  • younger than 21 years of age
  • unmarried
  • seeking to immigrate to the U.S.

K-1 children may stay in the U.S. on a K-2 visa for a maximum period of 90 days from the date of entry. If you and your Fiancée do not marry within 90 days, K-1 children must depart the U.S. together with your Fiancée.

Additional information:

Generally, an interview is required at the American Consulate. Some consulates do not require a child of your Fiancée to attend if s/he is below the age of 14. Many consulates require a child to attend even if s/he is not going to move to the U.S. with K-1 visa parent immediately but will follow later.

The cut-off date for issuance of a K2 visa is 1 year from the date of the K-1 visa issuance to the principal alien. K-1 and K-2 visas are valid for one entry into the U.S. at any time within the next six months.

The child of a K-1 principal alien may acquire K-2 status even after the principal alien has married American Citizen Petitioner and acquired lawful permanent resident status in U. S.

K-2 benefits:

  1. reside in the U.S. for 90 days until K-1’s marriage;
  2. study in the U.S.
  3. apply for work authorization.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook

    Call Now ButtonCall Lawyer Now