• 972 359 9274
  • nhs@sakhialawgroup.com
O-3 Dependent Visa

O-3 Dependent Visa

O-3 visa & Immigration cases handled across USA & beyond. Just a click away.

O-3 Dependent Visa

Wondering how to get a visa? Visa requirements for U.S. citizens and for visitors born abroad differ greatly. If you qualify for the O-3 visa, we may be able to help you achieve your immigration goals in the United States.

Introduction to the O3-Visa

The O-3 Dependent Visa is a non-immigrant visa set aside for the spouse and unmarried children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders. Because you can qualify as a relation for holders of these two visa categories, it is important to understand them as well.

The O-1 visa is for foreign nationals who have received major prizes or other recognition for their achievements in the arts, sciences, education, business, and athletics. An O-1 visa applicant typically has a U.S. job offer.

An O-2 visa is issued to the “essential support personnel” of the O-1 visa holder. Their visa status is contingent upon the prospective O-1 holder obtaining the visa. After the O-1 holder loses or terminates the O-1, O-2, and O-3 holders lose their status as well.


Requirements for the O3 Visa


As the O-3 visa is only for close relatives of O-1 or O-2 holders, its requirements are simple.

A prospective O-3 visa holder must:

  • Be the recognized spouse of the O-1 or O-2 holder under applicable law; OR
  • Be a dependent child of the O-1 or O-2 holder who is unmarried and under age 21.
  • A prospective visa holder cannot apply for the O-3 visa independently. Their visa status will be contingent upon the O-1 or O-2 holder’s successful application.

The O-3 visa is conferred upon an individual for an initial period not to exceed three years. If the O-1 or O-2 holder needs additional time to complete the event or activity that required a visa, he or she may apply for an extension.

With an O-3 visa, you may:

  • Reside in the United States with your family;
  • Travel outside the U.S. on short trips and re-enter the country;
  • Engage in full- or part-time study in the United States.
  • However, O-3 visa holders are not permitted to work in the United States.

Are You Qualified for This Visa?

If you believe you may be qualified for this visa, it’s important to speak to an experienced Encino immigration attorney. With the right legal help, you can accelerate your visa process and avoid costly, time-consuming pitfalls.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook

    Call Now ButtonCall Lawyer Now